REVIVAL is back May 20/21st 2017 with REVIVAL: The Rivals 2017! The UK's best dedicated retro gaming convention returns to Banks's Stadium in Walsall with even more of the same great RRE flavour gamers have come to enjoy over the last 4 years, including:
- Over 50 classic FREE PLAY arcade machines
- Around 20 FREE PLAY pinball machines
- A great selection of the best retro collectible traders, headed up by Vintage Gamer
- A new larger presentation zone, with special guest talks and Q+A's hosted by Retro Asylum
- Over 250 consoles, computers and retro gaming attractions from popular to rare
- On-stage competitions, events and prizes courtesy of hosts The Retro Lords
- Discounted tickets and in-event purchases with the REVIVAL Membership Card!
In-keeping with our aims to bring fresh experiences to retro gaming, this year our focus is on 'The Rivals'. 2017 will feature:
- Special guest Dave 'The Games Animal' Perry (of TV's GamesMaster and Games World fame) will be giving a guest talk and taking part in some of our on-stage activity
- Plenty of competitions, high score and speed runs to sort out the best from the rest
- More multiplayer experiences, including PC LAN link-ups, computer crossover play and even head-to-head portable play
- Classic system rivalries set up side-by-side to compare ports, libraries and specs and settle those old playground rivalries
2017 will be our best year yet with the input of our committed team and many gaming communities, so make sure you grab your tickets early, grab your friends and come and experience the unmatched atmosphere and perfect retro gaming weekend that is REVIVAL: The Rivals 2017!
REVIVAL: The Rivals 2017!
Saturday 20th May 2017 - Sunday 21st May 2017
The Banks's Stadium (Walsall Football Club)
(note that event times may be subject to change)
Saturday 20th May 2017 - 10.00 am to 5.00 pm (early admission from 9.00 am for REVIVAL membership card holders)
Sunday 21st May 2017 - 9.30 am to 4.00 pm (early admission from 9.00 am for REVIVAL membership card holders)
Setup on Friday for exhibitors/traders from 10.00 am until 9.00 pm, venue access from 7.00 am on event days, tear down by 6.00 pm on Sunday (TBC)
How to get here:
BY CAR: The stadium is literally minutes off M6 junction 9 and less than a mile from Walsall city centre.
PARKING: There are over 200 free on-site car parking spaces available on Saturday 20th May, including disabled parking for blue badge holders. The event is entirely on a first-floor suite, so mobility-impaired visitors should inform venue or event staff on arrival to be escorted to the special access lift up to the first floor.
Bescot outdoor market is held outside the stadium on Sunday 21st May, so the venue car park is off limits to general public parking. Paid parking is available directly opposite the stadium on the train station car park for £4 all day. Other paid parking may be available nearby - check local parking information for details.
BY RAIL: Bescot rail station is directly opposite the stadium and can be reached by regular service from Cannock or Birmingham New Street station.
BY BUS: West Midlands travel and several other services operate from Wolverhampton, West Bromwich, Cannock, Birmingham and many other major towns that take you directly into Walsall or to the stadium itself on a regular basis. Please check local timetables for exact service numbers and times.
If staying in a city centre hotel, it's just a 20-minute walk or short taxi ride down to the stadium.